We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 4, 2016
Handle Halitosis with Good Oral Hygiene
Halitosis is the medical name for bad breath. It’s a problem that plagues millions of people, and you may be surprised to learn its connection to dental health. How Dental Health Affects Halitosis Good oral hygiene does more than keep your smile looking good, it is also essential for good breath and dental health. According to family dentistry experts, food particles that stay in your mouth breed bacteria around your teeth, gums, and tongue. If not removed, this can develop into plaque, which can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath. Remedies To Reduce Bad Breath There are many ways to control halitosis or stop it from ever starting. Bad breath can be reduced or prevented if you practice good oral hygiene. Use these trusted tips to bid bye-bye to bad breath:
- Brush your teeth twice a day to remove food particles and plaque on your teeth and gums.
- If possible, try to brush after every meal and snack.
- Brush your tongue to scrape away built-up bacteria.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or after an illness.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash in the morning and at night.
- See your affordable dentist at least twice a year for professional cleanings and check-ups to detect other dental problems that may be causing halitosis.
- Stop smoking and using tobacco products.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist and rinse away any food particles and bacteria on your teeth.
- Discuss any medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if they may contribute to bad breath.
- Have any dental problems treated by an affordable dentist to keep them from developing into larger dental problems.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Sarasota, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Sarasota. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .