We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: July 18, 2016
The Benefits and Bothers of Dental Bridges
If you’re considering dental bridges to replace teeth you’ve lost, check out this helpful comparison to make the right dental decision. Advantages of Dental Bridges Today, dental bridges are a popular dental care option for replacing missing teeth. Dental bridges involve placing two crowns around the gap created by missing teeth that serve as anchors for the replacement teeth filling in the gap. Dental bridges offer a number of benefits, including:
- Lower cost than dental implants, particularly if you need to have multiple replaced.
- Can be placed in a single visit to your dental care clinic if all the teeth requiring replacement are already lost or extracted.
- No bone grafting is needed to strengthen poor bone structure.
Disadvantages of Dental Bridges While dental bridges are a smile solution for many, they aren’t right for everyone and come with certain drawbacks. Before opting for dental bridges, it’s important to know about these concerns:
- Dental bridges involve placing crowns on the surrounding teeth supporting them, so they can damage the natural tooth structure and put excessive pressure on these healthy teeth.
- Since dental bridges don’t replace the roots in the bone of missing teeth, this can cause your gums and bones to recede in the future and require corrective treatments from an affordable dentist.
- Dental bridges must be replaced every 10 to 15 years, which can be costly over time, even with an affordable dentist. This can make the longer-lasting dental implants much more cost-effective over time.
Consider all of these facts and then talk to your dentist to see whether dental bridges are right for you. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Sarasota, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Sarasota. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .