COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Aging and consuming certain foods and drinks can darken your teeth over time. However, whitening treatments from a teeth bleaching dentist can help you regain a radiant smile.
What Are the Advantages of In-Office Teeth Whitening?
Professional Teeth whitening treatments from our office allow you to noticeably enhance the color of your teeth, giving you an impressive, bright smile. Even better, it’s possible to see a noticeable difference after one teeth whitening procedure. Dentists are able to use highly concentrated bleaching gel to achieve faster results than other methods of whitening.
Most people seeking professional whitening treatments are looking to remove stains caused by smoking or the long-term consumption of certain drinks, including coffee, tea, red wine, and soda). There are some times when we don’t recommend using professional whitening treatments to fix discoloration or deep staining. These types of stains include advanced tooth decay, overexposure to fluoride, and the long-term use of tetracycline. Moreover, if you have had any sort of dental restoration installed, these will not respond well to the bleaching gel. Restorations could include veneers, crowns, dental bridges, and fillings.
Do keep in mind that teeth whitening isn’t permanent. You will need to visit our dentists for touch-up treatments when you start to notice your discoloration returning. When you need a touch-up treatment, we would be happy to accommodate you at our office or with an at-home professional whitening kit for added convenience. Schedule your appointment today.
How to Do Teeth Whitening at Home
With our take-home teeth whitening kits, it’s easy to achieve dramatic whitening results in the comfort of your own home. When you choose this method, we’ll take impressions of your teeth to design a custom-fit whitening tray that is clear and looks similar to a mouth guard. We’ll provide you with a special bleaching gel, which you’ll place inside your whitening tray. Most patients wear their whitening trays for about an hour every day, and it’s possible to whiten your teeth up to six shades when worn daily over a two-week period.
Teeth Whitening Average Cost
Overall, in-office teeth whitening treatments usually cost more compared to take-home whitening kits. However, there are also other factors that can influence your total cost of teeth whitening. These include the level of tooth discoloration you have, the type of whitening system you choose, how many treatments are needed to whiten your teeth, and if any follow-up visits are needed.
As a cosmetic treatment, most insurance companies will not cover the cost of professional whitening treatments. If you’d like to learn more about teeth bleaching cost, please call our office and schedule an appointment. During your consultation, your dentist can provide an estimate of your expected costs.
Professional vs. DIY Teeth Whitening: What’s the Difference?
Many patients wonder if over-the-counter teeth whitening products are just as effective as a professional treatment. One of the problems with these types of whitening products, such as rinses, whitening strips, and toothpaste, is that they lack the strength and reliability that a professional treatment can provide. There’s also the risk of receiving inconsistent results or even damaging your tooth enamel when over-the-counter products are used incorrectly. Professional whitening treatments from a teeth bleaching dentist is a stronger, safer, and more reliable solution that guarantees the whitening results you desire but without the risk of irritation or unreliable whitening.
How Teeth Whitening Is Performed
The specific steps for in-office teeth whitening can vary and usually depends on the whitening system used by your dentist. In-office whitening is a simple procedure that lasts for about an hour. Here are the steps involved in a standard teeth whitening treatment:
- Your teeth will be examined by your dentist and cleaned by a dental hygienist. This will ensure that any plaque or tartar has been removed.
- To help measure the progress of the whitening, before and after photos of your teeth may be taken.
- To expose all of your visible teeth, your dentist will use a small device called a cheek retractor. This is placed in your mouth gently. While it may be slightly uncomfortable, it shouldn’t hurt.
- In order to protect your gums from irritation, after all, the bleaching gel is highly concentrated, we will apply a special liquid that works as a protective barrier.
- Next, the concentrated whitening gel is applied to your teeth. The dentist may need to apply several coatings of the gel, depending on your needs. Each application is left on your teeth for a certain period of time.
- While it will depend on which whitening agent was used, your dentist may apply a light to the bleaching gel.
- After each application of bleaching gel, the color of your teeth will be evaluated. If necessary, your dentist may recommend a follow-up visit or an at-home treatment.
- When you’ve completed your cycles of bleaching gel, your teeth are rinsed and the cheek retractor is removed. Finally, your dentist will tell you if you need a follow-up visit or an at-home treatment.
For safe and effective teeth whitening in Sarasota, look no further than our office. Contact us today to make an appointment.